Museum of Theater and Music in the historic center of town, in a building that is part of one of the most beautiful architectural ensembles in the city - Alexandrinsky Ensemble Theatre. This masterpiece of architecture along the street that bears his name today, and built the great Carl Rossi. In 1840 in one of the buildings surrounding the theater, was the Directorate of Imperial Theatres. Here, decide the fate of the Russian theater, concluded contracts with the actors here bring their works intended for the stage, M.Mussorgsky, P. Tchaikovsky, A. Ostrovsky, Chekhov and other great figures of the national theater. In 1985 the collection was replenished State Collection of Musical Instruments. In 1990 the museum received another building - the Palace Sheremetev, the famous Fountain House, built in the XVIII Century (Fontanka Embankment, 34). Since moving collection of musical instruments in Sheremetev Palace, the branch was named the Museum of Music in Sheremetev Palace. The museum and its affiliates are conducted tours and lectures on the history of theater, concerts, recordings, memories evenings, meetings with prominent actors, artists, musicians, showing the actors and directors of independent works, solo performances, chamber concerts.